Monday, May 21, 2007

David's Ordinaton

Yesterday, May 20th, David got ordained within Sovereign Grace Ministries. I had to opportunity to honor him during the meeting. It was a joy for me to be able to encourage him on this special day for him. Here is what I was able to say.

I have had the privilege of being “pastored” by David for almost 6 years now. He has not only been a loving husband, he has led me and “pastored” me every day of our marriage.

In Ephesians 5:25-26 it says~ “Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,”. David finds much joy in washing me with the water of the word. And he daily demonstrates Christ’s love for the church in how he interacts with me.

He is diligent to help me set my heart on the things of the Lord, to make sure I’m having consistent devotional times and he is regularly showing me the way to the cross when it seems I’ve gotten off course. He never lords over me or harshly “lays down the law”.

In our current season there are many opportunities for him to help me have a new perspective on things, when I am weary he encourages me to run to the savior for my strength. You see, he lives what he preaches. There has not been a single time where he has said something in a message where I thought to myself “if only he did that at home”. David has a hatred for hypocrisy in his life or in the life of our family. What you see on a Sunday is what David is at home.

I would willingly and with joy follow David wherever he is called. He is an able leader, a gifted preacher, humble Christian and loving husband and father. I realize and some day the girls will too that the life that David and we as his family are called to is a life of serving the church and we do it with joy. Because of your love for us as a family, we can willingly and joyfully do that. You live like your ministry outside the home is not more important than your ministry in the home.

So on your ordination day, I want you to know (as the one who knows you best) that I see up close and personal what the church is saying today.

Love,
Your Bride


I wish you all could have been there. It was a holy moment!

1 comment:

Meghann Roberts said...

We are so glad we were able to be there, and we wish we could have stayed longer! Everything that was said of you guys we could "yes" and "amen". God has poured out His wonderful grace on your lives and it will be so much fun seeing how He continues to bless your family over and over again! Love you!