Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Real Life

Well, this is our 5th day home from Hawaii and although the jet lag wasn't as bad as we expected it is still awefully hard to wake up in the morning and to go to sleep at night.

I am always surprised, although it doesn't make much sense, at how quickly you dive right back into real life. We got home friday night, so we picked the girls up on saturday. Saturday night the girls are asking for things (many things) as they are currently asking now too. "Mommy, can you get me a drink". Its funny how quickly you forget. I had 6 days of no sippy cups, taking anyone to the bathroom, or disciplines. On saturday night, in that moment, as shocked as I was that I wasn't in Maui anymore. I reminded my self that this is what the Lord has called me to. To get drinks, change diapers, change clothes, feed, and bathe (on top of all the wifely priviledges) for my three little girls. No number of days on Maui could take that desire away.

More Maui pictures to come!

No comments: