Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Our little Meredith turns 4 Today!



It is really hard for me to believe that Meredith is already 4. Today is the day 4 years ago, the story goes something like this...


Little Meredith decided to join us a little earlier than most babies. Her initial attempts began at 30 weeks just like her big (15 month old -at the time) sister, Alyssa. After 5 weeks on bedrest, I was still progressing too much so my doctor decided I needed to stay in the hospital. If I recall it was a Monday morning. We went in for a normal weekly visit and the doctor said "you have to go straight to the hospital. I will call them and tell them you are coming". So i got there and got shots and IV fluids. It helped, but they wanted me to stay in the hospital to keep monitoring me. So then i called my mom and dad and sister...told them the story. They waited a few days and then after talking to my doctor we all decided it was time for them to come if they wanted to be there in time. So 6 hours they drove (I think they had to leave a pastors retreat to come). And about that long that sat and waited. Then the doctor said I'm not going to do anything to make you progress so we will just wait and see. At that point, Dad and Kristen decide to make the 5 hour drive home - and wouldn't you believe it that our little Meredith decided to make her debut pretty much right after they got back to Orlando. So we called and said, you should come back now. I had progressed enough to prove i was in active labor so we got ball officially rolling and broke my water. A few hours later... our little Meredith joined our family.


(nice hair cut right :), they didn't tell us before they did it. The nurses were having a hard time finding a vein, so they thought they would have to do it in her head. They cut her hair and decided to try one more time and they found a vein in her arm after they cut her hair. My poor little girl, good thing hair grows back quickly on little babies.)

When I was pregnant, people told me - just wait until they are 3 and 4 and things will get easier. I don't know if that was the case, but now they are 4 and 5 and things are easier in some ways, harder in others but I wouldn't trade them for anything.
What a joy she brings to our family! She is hyper to say the least, but she brings excitement and joy wherever she goes. We couldn't imagine our life without her.

1 comment:

Crystal Joy said...

Oh Meredith, we love you and are going to miss you all SO MUCH! What a sweet picture of her...she's getting all grown up!