Tuesday, September 9, 2008

catapillers to butterflies and the mysteries of metemorphous



Our Nonni (David's mom) caught two catapillers in a jar for us. Dustin killed one of them and we have been patiently waiting for the butterfly to emerge. So while i was giving the girls there medicine I walked over to the sink and noticied "we have a butterfly". Wish we could have seen it through the whole process. We have been watching its cacoon change a little each night. Honestly I thought Dustin killed this one too. So we hurried out to our butterfly garden to let him go. We watched for a few minutes and he just sat there on the flowers. Then a slight crakling of the mulch and what do I see, a baby snake or maybe an adult snake that was just small. I screamed like a girl and danced around the yard. It was so close to touching my feet. I don't know what i would have done if it had gone across my feet. I am so glad my neighbors aren't home and that no one saw that besides my girls.

Hope you enjoy a laugh on my behalf as you imagine my terror.


3 comments:

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

awww! i was hoping the snake was going to jump out and grab the butterfly, swallowing it whole! ;)

The Neus... said...

That is a beautiful butterfly! What a wonderful experience for your girls! now they need a dog.. a bird...some more fish...a lizard....some bugs...some mice...or gerbils...and oh yeah, and we can't forget...a baby smake, because everything is cute when it is smaller....what fun that all would be ~smile~

ReBenMyers said...

I knew you had a blog, but I didn't know what it was called. Your girls are beautiful and you and David look great. I hope to keep in touch now through this very cool tool. God Bless.

Rebecca Myers