Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Day 1 - Good bye soda!

Most of you probably wouldn't know this, but for the past 2 1/2 years I've had some health issues that have yet to be diagnosed.  At the end of last year I went to a Rheumatologist and he diagnosed Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia.  Without saying that either is a diagnosis, but rather a probable cause and something he could treat.  So I began treatment for RA (with three prescriptions).  At first there was immediate relief but after a few weeks - the meds stopped working.  So in the midst of pain and confusion - a dear friend asked if she could help me try to treat my symptoms by changing my diet.  I will officially begin May 1st.  But the first step is to try to eliminate sugar from my diet.  First to go - SODA!  What a chore this will be... for the majority of my adult life and all of my teenage years soda has been a regular part of my daily life. So today began my first day with no soda...I think I've drank more than my daily recommendation of water intake.  Eventually the goal will be to eliminate all sugar and then my coffee will go.  That will be another whole battle that i'm not really interested in conquering.  But I feel like this is where God is leading and this may be the only way i truly find relief.  The future is promising...my hope is the God will give me strength to be diligent with myself and what I eat.  But more importantly my greatest need has been met in Jesus dying for me on the cross.  There my hope will rest and true comfort and strength will be found.

Pray for me as I endeavor on the journey to new health! 

3 comments:

Janelle Morrison said...

I love how you point back to the Gospel.

i miss you guys deeply.

Big, big hugs! Praying for you.

Dena & Derek said...

What the heck? Isn't that an old person issue? OK- I need to call you more and keep up!

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

I just wanted to say, Good for you! You are going to feel so much better! Using food for healing has really helped me. It will be worth it!

Love ya,
Cassie