Tuesday, April 28, 2009

No Soda - Day 7

Today marks a new milestone.  7 days straight with no soda.  My moments of biggest temptation are when we have to get fast food.  Who wants a burger and fries with a bottled water?  I believe the Lord has spared me from the typical lack of caffeine headaches.  I am still drinking coffee in the morning, but only 1 cup.  I've also added in having a fruit smoothie for breakfast.  Primarily strawberry and blueberry because, from what I've read, blueberries are naturally anti-inflammatory.  There will be many more changes to come, but I like baby steps the best :)

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Way to go Kelly! I stopped drinking diet coke over a year ago. I had been drinking diet coke for over 20 years. It was hard at the beginning but I pushed through it. Now, I don't desire it anymore. Keep up the good work! You can do it with God's help!

Sara said...

Great JOB! You are right about fast food and coke...it's just so hard to have one without the other! And Pizza too! I stopped drinking pop (or soda as you call it) Jan 1 2008, it is still hard and I still crave it at times but I feel so much better!

Sara Anderson
Blurker from GA!