Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Alpha, Beta...

Well some of you know some of the letters of the Greek Alphabet. I think I only know them because Kristen had to learn them in High School and they taught her this song that makes you remember them better. Well that certainly worked then, but now I can only remember the first few. Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta...

I'm sure you are thinking, "why is Kelly talking about the Greek Alphabet"? Well, because Jasmine is a Beta Fish. I know, I know the connections couldn't be further apart, but it's my blog afterall, isn't it :)

So here are pictures of Jasmine. Our first pet. The girls wanted to name her Katelyn, then Hallye, then Kenzie (are girl cousins names). So after we told them that they could not name our fish after their cousins they settled on Jasmine. "Why", you ask? Beacause she looks like the Disney character "Jasmine". At least to a 5 and 3 year old it does.

7 comments:

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

SO NOT A PUPPY...BUT GREAT FIRST PET! :)

SHE LOOKS JUST LIKE JASMINE TO ME...BLACK SCALESS=BLACK HAIR, I CAN SEE IT! :)

Jennifer Lightfoot said...

Kelly, a cleaning lady would have been soooo much more practical!

And I do hope that you have better luck with your fish than your Sissy has. :o)

Unknown said...

awe . . . Johnathan has a fish like this when he was 3 that he named Regis. It is funny how kids come up with names for their pets.
I think Jasmine is a perfect name!

Kelly said...

Personally, I would have prefered a puppy - but I have yet to convince David that it is a good option.

Unknown said...

We convinced John that getting a puupy was a good idea . . . then that puppy starting leaving little presents on John's side of the bed! (and I mean ON his side of the bed, I it wasn't tootsie rolls!) Then puppy had to go bye bye. I don't think he will ever let us have another puppy again!

Blessed Blackman Bunch said...

PUPPIES ARE GREAT BUT A LOT OF HARD WORK AND CARE!! :)

My Favorite Things said...

Kelly! You have a blog! Glad I found you. :) This is a good way to keep in touch. <3 Meaghan