Friday, June 8, 2007

Haiti...Day Five

No real update tonight.

David called, but the hotel phone was beeping because its battery was dying. Then he called on his cell, which cost $1.50 per minute, to say I love you, but I have to go. Needless to say I was pretty bummed, I carry around my cell phone like its an oxygen tank just in case he calls. Apparently the team leaders and the pastor from Haiti were supposed to have a meeting earlier this evening and he had just arrived several hours after the agreed upon time. No big deal, though. I was nice just to hear his voice. The girls and I miss him terribly, but we are glad we are in the home stretch.

We swam all day today. The girls are getting more and more brave each time we swim. Alyssa is the most cautious and although Meredith is more daring I think she picks up some of Alyssa's fear and carries it as her own. But she did great today, she would even jump in from the side of the pool in her little inner tube and was just fine. That's a really big accomplishment for us! Kristen's girls are like fish and my girls are scaredy cats when it comes to the water. Oh well, we all got worn out, but had a fun day.

3 days till David/daddy comes home...

1 comment:

Medana22 said...

I cant wait for your husband to come home for you! I love you!