Thursday, June 7, 2007

Haiti...Day Four

Just got an update from David. The government is still holding all the medications so the medical team is basically only able to help with minor things. They are staying over night in the mountains and doing the modified clinic tomorrow. The rest of the team is at the orphanage. I only had about 15 minutes to talk to David because they only have a limited number of calling cards and won't be getting more in until sometime tomorrow. Today was his first opportunity to call while the girls were awake, so they enjoyed talking to their daddy. Alyssa asked if she could talk to the girls there because leading up to the trip we took them with us shopping to buy his supplies but everything fun we bought we kept telling them was for the kids and we found the names of the girls their ages and tried to explain to a 4 and 2 1/2 year old that the kids there didn't have parents or toys and all that, so Alyssa wanted to talk to the girls that we had been talking to her about.

The girls and I are holding up. We are at my mom's house now until Monday(when David gets home). We had a play date today with friends from church and tomorrow is an all day swim-a-thon. They begged from the moment they woke up from their naps to go swimming, but is was raining. I am tired, but I really feel God's grace. He is my strength and my only true source of help. I was encouraged by this verse today, “I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth.”

The trip is half way over, so the count down begins... only 4 days left!

No comments: